Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday wrap-up

Hi everyone, just wanted to share a few quick notes today:  

It's the beginning of the 4th of July weekend here in the United States, so happy Independence Day to all our American readers. While we're at it, happy belated Canada Day (July 1st) to our friends in Canada.


Kovak: There appears to be some line-up changes in the Kovak camp. From what I can gather, Abby Harmony has left the band and singer Annelies Van De Velde has taken over as lead singer. You will be missed, Abby. I hope all is well with Abby and Kovak and wish Annelies the best of luck. After all, I can't think of a name that is more fantastic and rock star sounding than Annelies Van De Velde!  Kovak's debut album, Heroes and High Heels is out now and available at fine record stores everywhere.


Tears for Fears: I am happy to announce that I will be attending a Tears for Fears concert next week. Not only did Tears for Fears rock out some of the hottest mullets from my youth (business up front, party in the back), but their music plays like a soundtrack to my childhood: that is until my parents sold my Tears for Fears records at a garage sale without telling me. But I'm not bitter. Anyway, I'll be sure to write a review of the show and hopefully post a few pictures. I must confess that the show will be held at a winery, so the prospects of the show being bad are simply nonexistent.  


Marsheaux: Marsheaux's new album, Lumineux Noir is out now in just about every global territory except the United States – why are we always last? If you live in the US, you can pre-order Lumineux Noir on iTunes; expected release date is 10 July.  

Site Updates: I am stewing around some ideas for this site – one of which is setting up a Twitter account and linking it to the blog. The problem is, I kinda loathe Twitter and 'tweets' and 'twotes': I just think it all sounds kinda dirty and solicitous and not in a good way. I'll keep you posted, and if you have any ideas, pass them along.  

Have a great weekend everyone, 

xxx 
Computer Love  

No comments: